4695 kr incl VAT
One channel 1073 style 3-band equalizer.
The class-A circuit used in the EQ-73 PREMIER is similar to the eq section in the classical 1073 module, without the high pass filter. Additional frequencies have been added and the mid frequency band uses two inductors, the higher value of the second one is used for the two lowest frequencies, 160 Hz and 240 Hz, to achieve an optimal response.
The sound character is warm, punchy, sweet and musical. These classic characteristics have been heard on countless recordings through the years and it is a versatile sound that works very well on most sound sources and in most genres. The essence of this sound is now available at a surprisingly low cost, making it available to nearly everyone.
The EQ-73 PREMIER has stepped frequency controls that offers a wide selection of frequencies from 20 Hz to 24 kHz.
The low and high frequency bands are shelving and the mid frequency band is of the bell type.
The control range is +/-15 dB for the two lower bands and +/- 18dB for the high frequency band.
There are separate bypass switches for all three bands.
The EQ-73 PREMIER can be used either as a standalone EQ or connected to the insert jack of one of the Golden Age Premier or Project preamps. Combining one of our PRE-73 preamp´s and an EQ-73 PREMIER and using a UNITE rack kit to mount them together, one will get a 19-inch 1073-style unit at a low cost and with a great sound!
– Vintage style electronics. No integrated circuits in the main signal path
– 3-band with a dual inductor based mid frequency band and stepped frequency selection
– A wide selection of frequencies from 20 Hz to 24 kHz and a control range of up to +/- 18 dB
– Separate bypass switches for each band
– Two UK made Carnhill inductors in the midrange section
– Tantalum capacitors in the main signal path, polystyrene capacitors in the gain stages
– Burr Brown OPA 2602 IC used for the balanced output stage
– Soldered internal connections
– Can be used together with one of our preamp´s with an insert jack or as a standalone unit
– TRS jack for the INSERT mode in- and output connection, the nominal working level is around -18 dBu
– IC-based in- and output stage for the LINE IN mode with balanced TRS and XLR connectors
– Selectable ground lift jumper
– External power supply to avoid interaction with the audio circuits
Download the EQ-73 PREMIER manual
Sound on Sound review
Christian Svedin review
There are no reviews yet.