Eventide calls Bit Bucket Brigade. Instead of the traditional approach using a DSP chip, this design borrows from bucket brigade techniques but is free of its inherent limitations. Surrounded with analog circuitry for a warm thick sound, this approach facilitates extreme modulation of the clock yielding reverse delay and wild swings of delay by modulating the delay multiplier – the results are a completely unique sound. Rose features five modulation sources, aux switch/expression pedal/MIDI input, tap tempo, up to fifty seconds of delay and can store up to five presets.
An unexplored garden of innovations for musicians will soon be available from Eventide’s newest creation – The Rose: a cascading bouquet of sounds in a sleek, stripped-down, small footprint effects pedal. The Rose project began several years ago and was rooted in the desire to invent a new line of unique effects by carefully grafting digital delay into an analog platform. Our mission was to cultivate a modulated delay that would feel not only “as analog as possible” but also be exquisite and precise. We trusted that this research would yield a genesis of products that sound and behave differently than modern DSP-based effects. Rose is the culmination of this vanguard research.
Eventide’s Rose is rare and vibrant, unleashing a palette of sounds and textures unattainable by solely digital means. With six tactile knobs, a delay multiplier button, phase invert/reverse playback button and a shape button offering five different modulation sources, Rose inspires petals of creativity to bloom. Rose also features five presets, MIDI control and a fully assignable aux switch/expression pedal input for the ultimate in flexible versatility, on stage or in the studio. Do you have what it takes to tame this wild Rose? Plug in and experience botanical bliss!
- Five customizable factory presets
- Analog Mix, Low Pass Filter, and Feedback
- Six tactile knobs: mix, feedback, depth, delay, filter and rate
- Invert phase flips the output phase with respect to the input phase for short delay times
- Reverse delay plays the delay line backwards
- Delay Multiplier increases the delay by either 2x, 3x, 4x or 5x
- Assignable HotSwitch: Tap Tempo, Delay Repeat, Mod Hold, Mod Reset, A/B)
- Multiple modulation sources: Sine, Square, Random, Envelope and External
- Expression / Auxiliary / MIDI TRS input
- Three different bypass types: Buffered, Relay, Kill Input
- Accepts Line or Instrument Levels
- The delay line’s clock can be swept over a wide range with delay time varying from .01 usec to 50 seconds.
“The Rose is just like my FLUX app: it has endless possibilities and the sounds are fabulous! Be prepared to spend many happy days of discovery.”
—Adrian Belew (Frank Zappa, David Bowie, King Crimson)
There are no reviews yet.